Sunday, November 23, 2014

Photograph 2000

This is a bunch of goofy kids
breaking a swinging bench
basking in the summer sun
the youngers doing their best
to be like the olders
in all their "grown up" glory.
Jumpers, Buzz Light-year,
and inspirational stickers
doting those under a dozen.

This is seven faces
with matching eyes,
noses, and smiles

This is silly faces to make
the grown ups laugh
as much as we possibly can
before the time runs out
on spontaneous laughter and happiness,
before a time
when the kids table was not cool

1 comment:

  1. That last line is one to think about...you could probably write something about making the jump to the adult table and what that really symbolizes or means. I have a similar picture of my cousins, sisters and me on my grandparents' front porch. I am probably 8 or so. I love it--it represents a whole different lifetime for me, when holidays meant being with those people and now we all have separate lives.

    ReplyDelete