Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Final Reflection




1. There are several different pieces of writing that I have completed this semester. One of my favorite short stories would have to be the Halloween story. I wrote about a little town on a cliff that was being invaded by a monster. That monster just happened to be a giant hedgehog and I found an adorable picture of a hedgehog with a scary face. I had just finished watching Moonrise Kingdom and that is where the stand up, snarky tone came from. I really enjoyed doing the writing on colors. I had a lot of pretty good poems that came from them which included ones about summer and Ireland. I have very much enjoyed reading and writing about other people’s blogs. Liana’s were especially fun to comment on because of her fangirlyness. Keeping a journal has also been good because it allowed me to other things than just writing. Through many things such as other stories, art, pictures, and many other things, I was able to discover that I could be alright at writing.

 2. Like I said before, I have greatly enjoyed reading other peoples blogs. Hands down, the most memorable would have to be Collins Halloween short story about the man who drank human tea. The was quite shocking, and gross. I also really liked Liana’s story about the Belle of the Ball. I haven’t really had much of a chance to read outside of school this semester, but the one thing I set aside ample amounts of time to read was the last book in the Heroes of Olympus series. It a long run of books that I have loved for a while now that are coming to a close, tragically. I have also reread The Selection Series by Kiera Cass multiple times. I LOVE THOSE BOOKS. And, she’s coming out with TWO more books!!

3. It was actually really fun setting up my blog, even if I couldn't figure out some stuff. I was able to find a picture I liked for the background and different fonts and headings that I enjoyed as well. I have learned to just go with what you've got for this blog. I came up with the name because we were just finishing up with the World Cup and I love cookies. I don’t really mind who reads this and I don’t care what people. I do know that people in different countries read it, which is cool.

 4. Besides a lot of writing in my journal, there are also a great deal of collages and picture, both drawn and photographed. I have enjoyed doing it in class because it can set me up for journaling in the future. I have always wanted to start journaling for the sake of remembering. I would probably let my future family read it a long time from now. I would write about what is happening now, memories and snip-its of life from the past, and what I want for the future.

 5. The Purple Mountain majesty. They tower above everything, powerful and tall. They’re always there , to the point that you sometimes forget them, but when you do remember, they take your breath away. There is a pint in the day that when the sun shines on a certain spot, it cuts the mountain face like a pyramid.

6. Norsemalt, a quaint little village, exactly 23 kilometers east of Wicklow and 7 kilometers north of nothing. Known for its spectacular annual Christmas Eve Pageant! and scones, Norsemalt is adored by all of its citizens. It is commonly identified by the people as “the most remarkably normal and exceedingly average village at the top of a cliff you can imagine.” That was, until November 5th, when that nickname changed to “the most remarkably normal and exceedingly average village at the top of a cliff you can imagine that also had a monster.” It was almost a regular day. The satisfying smell of fresh baked scones wafted through the grateful air as the organ in the little white chapel played one of the scene’s music from Christmas Eve Pageant! production. All the people went about their day in the normal fashion, doing their jobs with either great vigor or melancholy dopiness. The clouds had begun to gather in anticipation for an overcast downpour, begging the old folks to dawn their sheep’s wool sweaters and rubber boots. Schoolchildren waited eagerly on the edge of their seat to be dismissed for the evening as they imagined the possibilities that the coming weekend and puddles held. For two in particular, the thoughts of the weekend adventures were carried into the far reaches of the realms of possibilities, but they never came to the idea of a monster attack on their charming little home. Charlie and Mary were walking to their homes from school when the rain hit. Instinctively, Charlie gave took off his jacket to cover both his best friend and his head as they began running to escape the building storm. Before they entered their side by side terraced house, Mary leaned over the railing dividing their doors and invited Charlie to come over, after they had changed their wet clothes, for a board game and tea with leftover cake. Charlie immediately obliged, anything to delay his impending homework. They played for a few hours as the storm built into a raging monster. Charlie and Mary looked at each other, almost in anticipation as the largest strike of lightening hit, flicking off the lights of the town. The two friends laughed a little as the both got up to find the candles and flashlight so they could continue their game. Charlie strode to the cabinet by the window, opening the door just as a long spike crashed through the glass, piercing the cabinet door, inches from Charlie’s head. Mary let out a little scream while Charlie dropped to the floor in fear of another missile. When their fear had ceased, Mary and Charlie examined the giant sharp spike and decided to go investigate its origins. Stepping outside, they found that they were not the only ones who received the gift of needles. They were everywhere, sticking up from the ground, strewn throughout the street, shish kebobing cars. The villagers were terrified, coming out of their homes in a panicked fear, not knowing where was safe. Charlie took Mary’s hand and pulled her towards the town square, desperate to find out what was happening. As they ran, Mary looked around, the feeling that someone, or something, was watching them settling over her. She asked Charlie about it, just as they heard a scampering behind one of the nearby buildings. Pushing away their fear, they turned to follow the noise. They ran through the town in the back alleyways and through open streets, until they came to the edge of the cliff. There, the rain had built up a great fog that was rolling over the cliff’s edge, lighting up with every strike of lightening. That’s when they saw it, crawling out of the fog. It was taller than any building in their town with spike sticking out in every direction and a long snout protruding from its face. Mary turned to look at Charlie in horror. The monster was here.

 7. I don’t have much planned in the writing actually stories and poems in a sense. I do plan on continuing my blog and starting a journal. I will also continue to scrap book my life, it’s creative. I also want to keep working on my altered book and do some more posters. I have really enjoyed doing the artsy stuff associated with writing. I am able to bring out something I never thought was there when I write. When I do the hands on aspect of writing, I feel like I can be accomplished in this sense and I can do art. It’s different from other writing because I can be really good at academic writing, but now I know how to be creative.

 8. Keep coming up with original thoughts and simply keep being you and expressing what you love. Have fun and be confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment